Thursday, February 11, 2010

Nicole

One of my favorite things to do is catch up with old friends. I just like to know what is going on and how their life is turning out so far. I went to visit my friend Nicole on Tuesday night. I have known her forever. She moved into the ward when she was 10 and I was 9, but we didn't become friends until I was 12 and in young women's.We became best friends. I remember nights when we woudl be talking on the phone and, of course, I would fall asleep while she was talking to me. I know, big surprise, right? I still do that... Anyway, it was fun to hang out with her for a number of reasons, one being that her older sisters would let us tag along. In fact, when I was 13 or 14, one of them took us to drag State Street. Yeah, I got in trouble for getting home so late, but it was fun. And so grown up. But now that I think about it, dragging State is just plain weird. Anyway, we would always go for drives as soon as she turned 16. And we did a lot of talking. We just got to know eachother really well during pivotal times in our lives. And these days, she tends to remember a lot more about my teenage years than I do. And let me tell you, it can be embarassing... She was great to pal around with. I moved out of that ward when I was 16 but we maintained contact. She got married and moved to Oregon while I got busy with school and went on a mission. We lost touch there for a while, but she found me again and I saw her at Alana's wedding last year. Since then we have gotten together a few times. I now know what she is up to and a lot of what has happened in her life. She has four kids and lives in a cute little house in Spanish Fork wher her hub is a successful lawyer. It's so cute to see how proud she is of him. She is a great mom and her kids are absolutely darling. She is as gorgeous as ever, totally happy, and so much fun to talk with. What is so great about it is that when we do see eachother, we are able to just pick up where we left off. No awkwardness or feeling like there is nothing to talk about. That's what I love about long time friends. They already know so much about you aand you can continue to build on that foundation from all those years ago. So, I thank all my wonderful friends! I love you all!

Nicole is the one in the green sweatshirt. And I'm in the middle.

No comments: