Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The last few weeks


It’s been an incredible few weeks. I just love my family so much, and it all has to do with them. To start off, my little baby Chinese fatness sister Shawna graduated from BYU with a Bachelors of Science in Public Health. I can’t believe she’s old enough to have done that! I am so proud of her. She’s so ambitious and it makes me prouder than a peacock’s tail feathers. 

After that, my sister-in-law Courtney went through the temple. I’m still emotional thinking about it.  It was so wonderful. I love to go to the temple. It’s one of my favorite places. I’m so excited to have more family able to go, especially since it was in preparation for another person to be sealed to my family. I seriously have the greatest family! I am so happy for Courtney and that she got to go through the temple and that I was able to be a part of it. It helped me to feel closer to my family on both sides of the veil. 

The following Thursday, Paul and Courtney were able to be sealed in the Draper temple. I am so proud of them! I am so happy for them. I really couldn’t be any happier! I am so excited that they are now sealed. It’s such a great blessing! Really, I have the greatest family!

Then this last weekend, I headed down to Hurricane on Friday night to watch Alana run a half marathon. I still get emotional thinking about this one too. Last year Alana was bed ridden and I was afraid I was going to lose another sister. It was a real possibility. Before she was hospitalized, she couldn’t even walk to her work a block away. To see her come running down the street at mile 12 this weekend was a real miracle to me. She ran it in 2 hours and 3 minutes, 12 minutes faster than her goal time. She did such a great job and worked so hard. I am so proud of her! I am so grateful that she has a healthier body and that she can do the things that she wants now.
Anyway, that’s pretty much what has been going on around here. Love ya.

2 comments:

Sara Anne said...

did you know I read this? just got caught up, I think. Love the texts...was just talking with shedon about finding that prophet cemetary ( we've seen the kimball one) AND I love your family too, what cool things going on!love you!

Joe and Renee Williams said...

What an awesome week and awesome family, seriously Alana amazes me, and I can't believe Shawna already has her bachelors, she rocks!